Friday, August 19, 2011

Today was use it up day

I had just a small amount of M-11 clay that Juliet had given me and today was about using it up.  I wanted to make a bud vase using the broomstick method so there were no leftovers.  Well it was a bit too tall and I was afraid it would tip so I did a little surgery on it to remove some of the clay and to ease the tipping situation.  This caused a small amount of leftovers though.   Not to worry, I put them to good use.

I made a couple of Christmas ornaments and some butterflies with the scraps.  I think I will make a bunch of butterflies and make necklaces, earrings and bracelets out of them for my papillon show friends.

I did not like the way this piece turned out...too boring for me.  I am going to experiment sometime with putting some other glaze on top to see what happens.

Clay used: M-11
Beginning weight: 1 pound 2 ounces
Ending weight: all used
Technique:  broomstick, alteration, cookie cutters
Glaze used: Cactus ash over Christmas Red

No comments: