Sunday, August 21, 2011

Baby gift

Ok not a human baby but a gift for Diana's new puppy, Olivia, and her brother.  Diana is going to be getting another puppy really soon and I wanted to make them a cute little gift.  Nothing special but something from me to them.  Not sure how this will be glazed yet but hopefully I will think of something special for their water bowl.


I had run out of my previous clay and picked some up at Hobby Lobby.  Hopefully it is at least a decent clay.  I was disappointed at first as it was rather dry but, I read in the Ceramic Arts Daily forum a way to revive it.  It seems like it worked and I was able to get this completed with little difficulty.

Thought you might like to see a picture of Olivia also.  She is quite a cutie!

A week later Diana came home with this little cutie.  His name is Olivier and he is Olivia's brother.
The dish I made for them turned out really cute!  Again, I wish the camera would do it justice.



Clay used: Amaco X 15
Starting weight:  1 pound 5 ounces
Ending weight: 1 pound 3 ounces
Technique: slab
Glaze used:  Leopard

No comments: