Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new direction

I have found a great new hobby in pottery.  I have challenged myself to make a least one piece a day for a year. 

I was at a craft show and found a potter, Juliet Smith, who inspired me.  I fell in love with her pit fired work and asked if she gave classes.  To my delight, she did and my friend Diana and I took a short series of classes in which we made a few pieces.  Near the end of the classes, we pit fired our work.  Upon going back a couple days later to retreive our pieces of work from the pit, I knew I had found a new direction in my crafting hobbies. 





Here are pictures of the pieces I made in those classes.  My next post will show you the 3 pieces  I made on my own at home.  This is a very new experience for me and hopefully my workmanship will improve over the next year.  Enjoy!

No comments: