Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 16, Day 3

Wanting to make a piece a day meant having to do something rather quickly today.  I went with my friend for a 6 hour journey to visit my friend Judy out near Lansing.  Diana bought a new puppy!  Now we have 4 little ones running around the house...3 of mine and 1 of hers :)

Diana found a really pretty tray at the Dollar Store and I used it to make another drape mold piece.  This time, I sprayed it with cooking oil spray and it did not stick.  The piece of clay I had just fit the mold.  I though the rim was dangerously thin so my quick piece took quite a bit longer.  I decided to add some coils to the handle and lip to make it more sturdy.  It turned out really nice.


Had a disaster and this piece broke before I was able to fire it.  I made a new one that is in the kiln to bisque it.

No comments: